Valid reasons why you encourage your child to study music in school.
- One important purpose of the schools historically has been to transmit our cultural heritage to succeeding generations, and music is one of the most powerful, the most compelling, and most glorious manifestations of every cultural heritage.
- Schools are to develop the complete child’s potential. Music is one of the seven basic intelligences that need to be developed.
- Music provides an outlet for creativity and for self-expression.
- Music classes are a superb means of preventing dropouts. Music often provides an opportunity for success for students who have difficulty with other aspects of the curriculum.
- The study of music can increase the enjoyment that students are able to derive from the music that surrounds them and enable them to understand more sophisticated and complex music.