A School Health Services Assistant will be in the health office 5 days a week. When necessary HSA will contact parents/guardians regarding illness and injuries that occur during the school day. All HSAs are CPR/First Aid certified. Credentialed School Nurses are on campus for the following:
- Mandated vision and hearing tests.
- Complete special education and 504 health assessments.
- Ensure immunizations are compliant with CA state law.
- Provide health education resources for school staff, students and parents/guardians.
- Maintain student health records.
- Contact parents/guardians regarding health problems and/or excessive absences.
- Communicate with health care providers regarding health issues and impact on education (within HIPPA regulations).
- Develop health/safety plans for students with high risk medical diagnosis.